I haven’t ever done a blog post like this, but I have been meaning to share my nighttime facial routine with you guys. I used to never be one for a nighttime facial routine, simply because I thought that because I had clear skin, I didn’t need to take care of my face. I get a pimple or a breakout about as often as a full moon. I used to just remove my makeup, rinse my face with water, and sometimes moisturize. Since starting my new routine, my face feels so clean and refreshed, and I wake up feeling great! I don’t wake up with makeup remnants, or feeling like my skin is greasy. It’s better to start taking care of your face when you’re young, then later on when it’s too late. Here are my steps for my facial routine and current products I am using and loving:
- Coconut Oil: First product that I use is extra virgin organic coconut oil. I use this as a makeup remover. It works better for me than those makeup remover wipes, plus it’s all natural and one of the best anti-aging products ever! I simply rub it on my face, making sure to get all my mascara off because it can break off the ends of your lashes if not cleaned off.
- Face Wash/Scrub: The face scrub I have been loving recently is the Target Up & Up version of St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I love the exfoliating texture of the scrub, and I have tried both the on and off brand face scrubs and I can find no difference except in price. I’m all for pay only a quarter of the price!
- Face Mask: I might do a face mask once a week when I really want to pamper my face. I prefer to make my own DIY masks from recipes on Pinterest. Some of the masks that I love to make are here, here, & here.
- Serum: I just recently discovered that this was a thing, and I don’t know why I just discovered it! The serum that I use it No. 7 Protect and Perfect Advanced. I love the way that is leaves my skin feeling silky smooth.
- Moisturizer: Honestly, the most effective face moisturizer I’ve ever used is Oliver’s Aveeno Baby Lotion. Haha! But I did just recently purchase this P.M. Perfector moisturizer, and I love it! It moisturizes perfectly without getting to that greasy point , and the smell is amazing and relaxing.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know if there are any other type of posts you want me to do. Xoxo